How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  solicitor
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we are employed by a company to provide afterschool care for

This answer was rated:

we are employed by a company to provide afterschool care for the child in a primary school.The head wishes to take this service in house but employ the same the have to be made redund from the company and then have a new contract with the school.

No, the contracts of the staff are transferred across to the school on the same terms and conditions of employment under legislation known as TUPE and the school takes over the employment of the staff and all liabilities to the employees which were previously owed by the current employer.

See here:

No redundancies required.

All the best -please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other UK Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you