UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor
62162956

Hello, I have recently been working on different ships for

Hello, I have recently been working on different ships for a uk ferry company who are my employers. And I have had to move my annual leave about, normally I get 1 week leave added to my 2 weeks normal leave every three months. I recently used 7 lieu days after 3 weeks leave and after 1 day into my week of lieu leave the hr manager called and asked me to cover sickness on a ship for 6 days. My manager put in the timesheet double time for these 6 days because I was on leave but I should now also lose these 7 lieu days is that correct?

Yes, you would lose the remaining lieu days as you have been compensated for them by your manager putting in double time for the 6 days.

You lose 6 lieu days not 7 as you already took 1 lieu day off.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok thats what I thought. Can you tell me please does it have to be like this. Could the company not give me the double time and instead just give me the 6 lieu days back.?

Yes, that can also be done. You should negotiate/discuss this with the company.

Please leave feedback