How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  solicitor
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work for NSL, a company that took over non emergency ambulance

This answer was rated:

I work for NSL, a company that took over non emergency ambulance transport in Lincolnshire last July. Over the last two months I have been underpaid by a total of 128 hours. My team leader has seen my record of the hours that I worked. I telephoned him last week to see if anything had been sorted, he said that NSL had worked out that all I was due was 4 days annual leave. He also said that I was to meet someone in the company about my hours. Could you please give me some advice as to what I should ask or do when I meet them.

How long have you been employed for and why have you been undepaid and for how long has this been for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My contract with NSL started on October 1st 2012.

On tax month 9 I worked 193 hrs but only received 102hrs.

On tax month 10 I worked 199.5 hrs but only received 162.5 hrs.

I don't know why I have been underpaid, my team leader is not the best at sticking up for his workers and has probably just left the ball in NSLs court.

I'd just like to add that I was paid an interim payment on Jan 2nd of £297.38, (They didn't tell me for how many hours this was for) but on my next wageslip it was deducted from my wages as a pay advance.

Thank you.

I suggest you calculate how much money you are owed for your hours, ensure your contract covers these hours and put in a written claim for the money to your employer giving them say 7 or 10 days to pay you the same.

If they do not pay you the money, you may file a court claim against them or a tribunal claim, obviously this should be the last resort and only if your employer refuses to pay you for your time worked and you feel strongly enough to take legal action against them.

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you