How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  solicitor
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After Croatia joins the EU on July 1st, as a Croatian national

This answer was rated:

After Croatia joins the EU on July 1st, as a Croatian national in the UK, I would like to be able to exercise my 'treaty rights' to declare as self-sufficient/self-employed.

In order to register a company in the UK, as a newcomer I am required to obtain a National Insurance number, but the process seems like a vicious circle. I can't do work without NIno and HMRC, but I can't obtain NIno without proof of work.

What is the best way to successfully give proof of work and get a National Insurance number if I am only just setting up as self-employed EEA national and starting work?

Thank you

You do not require a NINO to register a company.

You will need to prove your identity e.g. passport and with your limited company registration and any invoices, contracts, you should not have problems obtaining a NINO.

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you