UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor
62162956

Can my boss refuse my holiday that I want to take to make my notice period shorter? She po

Can my boss refuse my holiday that I want to take to make my notice period shorter? She point blank refused them, and hasn't offered to pay me as an alternative.

Your employer is legally obliged to pay you for your unused holiday at the end of your employment, if they don't pay you, you may make a claim for the money.

However, you do not have an automatic right to set off your holiday against notice period, see here:

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?itemId=1074415038&type=RESOURCES

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you

Welcome and good luck. Please leave feedback