How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Awan-Legal Your Own Question
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 128
Experience:  Expert
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
Awan-Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

to whom shall i write my apeal

Resolved Question:

to whom shall i write my apeal
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 5 years ago.

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : Are you referring to an appeal to the employment tribunal?




Awan-Legal : You need to submit an ET1 form as follows:
Awan-Legal :

what is et 1

Awan-Legal : It is the appeal form to the employment tribunal.
Awan-Legal : There is an Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) Code of Practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures (the Code). It sets out principles that you and your employer should follow to achieve a reasonable standard of behaviour in handling grievances before making an employment claim.Download 'Acas Code of Practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures' (PDF, 57K) Help with PDF files
Awan-Legal :

i have already got the judgement reasons from tge tribunal and iwant to apeal

Awan-Legal : The appeal form for this stage is EAT form 1.
Awan-Legal : You may only appeal to the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) on a point of law.Broadly, a point of law is one which concerns the interpretation of the legislation and its application to the facts of the case.Where the employment tribunal has made findings of fact based on the evidence it has read or heard, eg where the tribunal sets out what they believed actually happened, or why someone acted as they did, you cannot challenge this - even if you think that the tribunal was wrong to make those findings.As well as appeals against judgments, appeals to the EAT can also be made against Interim decisions, directions or orders made by an employment tribunal. An appeal to the EAT may therefore be made where, for example, the tribunal has granted or refused to grant a witness order, a postponement or deadline extension.In order for the EAT to accept your notice of appeal (EAT Form 1), you must ensure that you:give full details of why you think there are grounds for appealenclose a copy of the claim (form ET1), response (form ET3), judgment and written reasonsIf you have also applied to the employment tribunal for a review, you should also enclose a copy of the review application, judgment and written reasons. If the review judgment is awaited then you should say so.If you believe that an employment tribunal judgment, decision, direction or order made during the proceedings is wrong, you should not wait until the final judgment (or the outcome of a review) to lodge an appeal.Note that the employment tribunal normally destroys files within one year of sending the judgment to the parties involved.
Awan-Legal : Further information is contained in this link:
Awan-Legal :¶m=DG_180552&utn=87a8784fef764e19bc49201204200111
Awan-Legal :
Awan-Legal : The latter link is for the form itself.
Awan-Legal : Please click accept, thanks.

what shall i put dear sir or

Awan-Legal and other UK Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you