UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

can one of my staff work for 9 hours a day and not have a break

can one of my staff work for 9 hours a day and not have a break even if i pay her for 9 hours or does she have to have a break
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, which I will be happy to assist you with. Please let me know

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi i have just start my own pizza shop and have a cook she wonts to work 9 hours a day and get payed for 9 hours and take no breaks what i wont to know can i do that or do i have to make sure she gets her break and knock of the hour as i do not wont any come back in say 6 months or two years time
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

A worker is entitled to an uninterrupted break of 20 minutes when daily working time is more than six hours. It should be a break in working time and should not be taken either at the start, or at the end, of a working day.

Please remember to click accept so that I am credited for my time. Thank you.
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007