UK Employment Law

UK Employment Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Employment Law

I have admitted theft from employer, offered to pay back in

Customer Question
full and have been told...
I have admitted theft from employer, offered to pay back in full and have been told i can give resignation with immediate effect which i have done, would the employer be likely or able to take this any further?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: UK Employment Law
4/6/2012
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 5 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

What is the value?
it comes to about £2000.
If you pay it back there is no guarantee that they would not go to the Police.

If that happens you will be arrested and likely charged.

As such the matter would proceed to Court.

There is no guarantee that they will or will not do this so all you can do is wait and see.

I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you are looking for but based on what you have said, it is a matter for the employer to take forward if they wish.

Please remember to click accept so that I am credited for my time. Thank you.
if I was arrested and it wwent to court and i have never done this before or had any convictions am i likely to go to jail?
No.

You would probably get a Community Order (Probation)

ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the company have accepted my resignation and have said they will not proceed with the disciplinary is there anything else they could do to me? last question i promise and then will do the accept key!
No thats it.

But I wouldn't ask them for a reference...........

UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
UK-Justice
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister