Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

my aunt has died last week and i have been left to sort out

my aunt has died last week and i have been left to sort out her afairs - she has a will and im the executor - she has about 18000 pounds in saving - does she have to have probate
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 years ago.
Does she own any property, house etc. What is her total wealth worth?

Please give me as much detail as possible.

I need a bit more information please. I am going off line shortly and will be on and off all day (experts on here are also practising lawyers) but will be back later (on and off) today when I will deal further once I have your reply.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

she has no property - about 5000 pound in her bank account (barclays) also a savings bond with the same bank for about 13000 pounds - she has left a a list of who she wants to leave what to - and all remaining money left once expenses etc have been taken care of to go her sister - it all very clear what she wanted and i hoping it wll be as simple to for fill.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 years ago.

Unless the bank insist this can be dealt with as a small estate.

Go into bank with yr passport, yr driving licence, yr utility bill (any) and the will and they should give you a form to have sworn bya solicitor £5) stating that you have the authority to deal with the proceeds.

It is then for you to distribute the assets.

It is an offence not to do it in accordance with the will or say you have the authority if you dont. The excutor does have the authority.

Please press accept and I will clarify any points. The question will not close. Thanks

L