Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I havent worked for a few years because of illness and depression,

Customer Question

I haven't worked for a few years because of illness and depression, I had a stroke in November, and I have been on ESa for the last 3 years. I was very lucky to survive the stroke without too much harm to my body. I still have some weaknes and pain in my left shoulder, and Limp when I walk. I was thinking of tying to go back to work, when I received my employment and support allowance assesment form. And because I was so scared of loosing this benefit (as I had heard ao many stories about how many people have been cut off, I exagerated my condition a bit. The thing is, I would like to try to work part-time, and to gradually get off benefits, but I still do have some medical problem. I am only 48years old, and have children in their early 20s and an 18 year old, who is my only son. My 2 oldest daughters are university graduates, they live with me, and are constantly getting on my case about going back to work. what do I do? I am scared of being able to manage, and I still do have other medical problems, for which I often have doctor's appointments. I sent the ESA form back a week ago, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I am still receiving ESa Please help

Confused and stressed
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello and thank you for your question, which I will be happy to assist you with. Please let me know what is your question about this exactly? I'm just going offline but i can get to this first thing tomorrow if thats OK?

Customer:

I would just like to know what to do? How to deal with the situiation. I am having sleepless nights over this. I am not fully recovered, and still suffer from weakness in my leg and pain in the joint of my arm, as well as depression, but I would like to get back to work, and my condition is not very bad. I think i am more depresed than anything else.

Customer:

For Ben Jones only

Customer:

Fo.im at this timer Ben Jones only. I would just like some advice on how to dal with the situation. I am not 100per cent recovered, but I am not quite as bad, and still waiting to hear back from them. Ideally, I would like to try working, I'm not able to walk properly yet as I have a limp, and have aching limbs when I walk too fr, but I'm not quite sure how to deal with my ESA cla

Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 years ago.
I have looked into your query but do not think I have the answer to your question so will opt out and let other experts take this further if they can. Someone should respond shortly. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me. Thanks

PS: I will get a refund issued in the meantime
Expert:  michael holly replied 5 years ago.

One step at a time.

Presumably you are concerned that should you get a job then it may appear that you were fraudulently claiming benefits.However people recover from medical situations at different rates and to different extents.The Bolton footballer is a good example as they are now saying he should recover fully despite initial medical opinion being pessimistic

The first step is to get a job then I would expect the benefits people to be both happy and grateful that you are off their payroll

I hope this helps kindly click accept so that I get credit for my answer

Best wishes

Yours sincerely

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

For \Michael Holly

Thanks for that. I actually have all my medical proof of my illness including MRIs showing that I had a right brain stem infarct injury. I still do have some weakness in my left side, and I, also have Chronic Kidney Disease, which is at stagw 4, and i hope illness get any worse. Including h blood pressure, including extremely high blood pressure, and diabetes. This is why the doctors think I had the stroke. My fear is because I have various medical problems, which led to my having the stroke, and because I still suffer from some symptoms, I want more than ever to be able to return to work, but what if I have another stroke? (God forbid)I take about 15 tablets a day. So I actually am not 100% recovered, but it is my desire to be able to work again. I worked in retail management for a few years, in the beauty industry, and I don't think I can stand on my feet for several hours like I used to, but I would like to get back to doing some kind of work.How should I handle this situation.
Thanks again
Confused and stressed
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

FOR BEN JONEs

Thanks for your effort. Michael Holly was able to help me. I thought I could accept anyone's answer, and they would get credit for it, but I didn't know I would have to pay each time. I do't have the money to pay Michael, because i already clicked when accept when I read your answer. I feel really bad that he won't get the credit, but if there's anything you can do, I would very much appreciate it.

Kind Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
For Michael Holly only

I just want to thank you for your response. I didn't know how this works, and thought I had unlimited answered for £28. I had clicked accept to another solicitor's answer, though he couldn't help me. I'm so sorry, I don't have £28 to pay again. But your answer really calmed me.
Once again, thanks for your understan
ding.