How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 47354
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find my complete employment history and where

Resolved Question:

How can I find my complete employment history and where?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 years ago.
Hello, thanks for your question. Please press Accept when satisfied with my answer. For now please let me know what you need this in relation to?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I need it to be able to claim my national pension. My employee's insurance number is

WM 16 19 55 B

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 years ago.
Were you paying tax during that period?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes I was
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 years ago.
OK, the only ways you can see your employment history is either through your own personal records (such as CVs, payslips or just from memory) or by contacting the Inland revenue and asking for details of all your employment history where you have been required to pay tax as they should have that information on their system. I can’t guarantee that their records will go back as far as 1977 though.

It may be best to pay a visit to your local Inland Revenue office and they will be able to help further with this.

Please press Accept. I can expand my answer and provide more detailed advice and guidance as necessary and also answer any specific questions you may have. Thank you
Ben Jones and other UK Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you