UK Employment Law

UK employment law questions answered by verified Experts

Is there any recourse for an applicant who was verbally offered…

Customer Question
Is there any recourse for...
Is there any recourse for an applicant who was verbally offered a post, then subsequently told that the post have been "put on hold" due to there being "at risk" employees who the organisation are looking to redeploy? The at risk applicants went through the interview process however the interviewers were instructed by HR that the at risk applicants only had to meet 80% of the criteria for interview. The posts were subsequently offered to the at risk applicants with the service lead informing the applicant originally offered the post that they were under a lot of pressure from HR to offer the posts to the at risk applicants. It is worth noting that the original successful applicant had completed all their pre employment checks other than a 2nd reference.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: UK Employment Law
10/7/2010
Solicitor: michael holly, Solicitor replied 7 years ago
michael holly
michael holly, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.