UK Employment Law

UK employment law questions answered by verified Experts

Employment Tribunal Claim - I am the claimant, ET1 and ET3…

Customer Question
Employment Tribunal Claim - I...
Employment Tribunal Claim - I am the claimant, ET1 and ET3 sent in. I was a Telephony Systems Manger and applied for the "new" Telephony Support Manager role

I have recently received the Respondents documentation. I felt there was not Genuine redundancy AND no meaningful consultation was entered with me individually.

After I was told there was no suitable alternative roles found. I have now found that a role was available for a new manager role but the job changed "significantly" although I don't feel it is. I felt it was very similar to my 10 year industry experience and asked to be considered for a demotion (analyst role). What do I need to show to the tribunal that I COULD have done either roles?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Employment Law
6/11/2010
Solicitor: michael holly, Solicitor replied 8 years ago
michael holly
michael holly, Solicitor

Ask the defendants for copies of the advertisements for both jobs and state that if they do not provide them to you within , say, 7 days, you will make an application to the tribunal for production of them and seek an order for costs against them.

Then add them and your CV to the bundle for the tribunal.

I hope this helps kindly click accept so that I get credit for my answer

Best wishes

Yours sincerely

I have this documentation...

How else other than a CV can I show I could have done the role or prove there was no genuine redundancy.

It is difficult to do this but you may have certificates to prove education. If you can find people you have trained or worked with who are willing to provide evidence this will back up your CV

Yours sincerely

Michael

Where is the basis in law?

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.