UK Electronics

UK Electronics Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

UK Electronics

I have a matsui mch 203 in good condition but the cd portion

starts and aftewr approx 20/30...
I have a matsui mch 203 in good condition but the cd portion starts and aftewr approx 20/30 seconds goes back to the beginning ?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: MCH 203 and dont know the age but quite old but hardly used
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: you
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
7/25/2017
Pete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This can happen if the spindle motor is worn. When it detects resistance it will go back to the start of the disc again.

A lack of use can actually cause the motor to seize prematurely. Perhaps a few plays in quick succession will help free it up.

If that does not help, the spindle motor will need to be replaced to fix this problem.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I do hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

The motor and disc spin well but even so it plays the first portion again without stopping.Could it be the repeat function has to do with it ?

No, the repeat function would repeat an entire track. Since it is only playing 30 seconds and then going back to the start, the motor is meeting some resistance.

Pete, Engineer
Pete, Engineer