UK Electronics

UK Electronics Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

UK Electronics

I recently got a refurbished Grundig portable radio. The

Customer Question
Hi! I recently got a...
Hi! I recently got a refurbished Grundig portable radio. The problem is it starts and stops.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Where do I find this? YB-P 2000?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Maybe a month. I was out of town in between. This is the first Im talking with a professional.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just can I bring it in somewhere?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Electronics
1/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When it stops, does it shut off altogether, or does the sound stop but not the radio's power?

As for bringing it in for repair... what region are you in please? by zip code, or by town/city and state?

just the sound stops. When I turn it on again, the sound starts, then stops.I'm in NYC 10021

OK. I am seeking a good shop to take a Grundig radio to in that region.

Okay, waiting to hear where to go. Thank you.

There are no such Grundig Radio repair shops in NY that I can find.

There's one I've found by chance while searching, in Morton Grove IL.

Would you be willing to send out your radio to another location?

Is it an antique radio, with vacuum tubes in it?

Or is it a transistor radio?

Its a transistor radio.
My question is what the cost might be.
Do you have the address or the cost idea?

Here's your answer (unless you are asking about JustAnswer cost?):

1. it's best to ask the service provider themself for the cost of repairing. And be sure to state up front when making initial phone call inquiries, that you have a Grundig Yacht-Boy transistor radio, not antique, not tube-based - and the model # of course.

2. here are several providers that would be appropriate to call and ask:

http://www.3aservices.net/vintage_electronics.html

AAA Electronics Services

218-10 Hillside Ave
Queens Village, NY 11427
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

Analog Audio Repair

44 Dobbin St
2nd Fl, Ste D
New York, NY 11222

(###) ###-####/p>

b/t Nassau Ave & Norman Ave
Greenpoint

Tom's Antique Radio Repair

https://tomsradiorepair.bizland.com/Transistor%20Repair/TransistorRepair.htm

which may not be near NY City, but certainly states its rates here:

https://tomsradiorepair.bizland.com/Send%20Radio%20In/SendIn.htm

Let me know the result... there may be others though I ran out of search time, what with your inquiries and the ones already listed having been at the top of searches.

Let me know, please, once you've contacted or looked over these.

green-owl
green-owl
green-owl, Engineer