green-owl
green-owl, Engineer
Experience:  16 years, include works in aluminium plant, industrial machinery, military weapons, programming
14666028

I have a Sony ICD PX 312 and it's not working properly. when

Customer Question

Hi I have a Sony ICD PX 312 and it's not working properly. when I press the record button, it works but when I play the file it doesn't have any sound on it
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I already told you the make/model and it's probably 3.5 years old
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: Sony ICD PX 312 and 3.5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it worked before but I haven't used it in more than 2 years. i put new batteries in because before it didn't even turn on. now it turns on. i tried using my RODE mic with and without TRRS to TRS adapter and it still doesn't take any sound
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i've connected it up to my PC and the files work but the audio just doesn't work
Category: UK Electronics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
By the way, I can call UK, USA for free with my mobile. So if you have an overseas number, I can call you from my Australian mobile number
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Where was the camera stored, and what was the temperature and humidity, during the two years it was not used?

Have you tried to record video with sound, both with and without an external microphone plugged into it?

And is the microphone you have been trying with it, a condenser microphone, or some other type?

And also, have you checked that the volume setting is not on minimum, nor is Mute enabled?