Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

I was playing a program from the dvr and it is stuck...won't

Customer Question

I was playing a program from the dvr and it is stuck...won't go forward or back, no control buttons work although I am able to change the source
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well, I did shut the tv off and turn it back on...still stuck
JA: Is there anything else the Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is it the DVR that is unresponsive?
Or is it the TV?

What is the make/model of the tv?

Are you able to still change the volume on the tv for example?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, after turning it on and off a few times it is now "unstuck". Hope that doesn't happen again
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update.

It sounds like a faulty box though, keep an eye on it and let me know if the issue comes back.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean the dvr box?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I mean the dvr box, but there are several possible issues here, so I'd need more detail to diagnose it with certainty.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.