UK Electronics

UK electronics repair questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a & O TV. As of today I can not get the satellite…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a B & O TV. As of today I can not get the satellite function to work to turn on the tv. DVD, radio, TV etc all work just the SAT button on neither the unit or the remote will work. TV comes up( snowy screen as we are all digital now), when I press the TV/SAT button it will not go to SAT nor will the remote. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Our other tv works so the satellite is clearly ok. All other functions on the tv work so the remote works just not the SAT button. I have turned everything off and on again and still no joy. Do you have any other tricks I can try?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Electronics
Can you help me now. btw I was charge $30 not $18?
3/27/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi Jos,

The satellite signal may not be detected by the TV - check that the cable is securely attached to the TV.

Remove it and re-attach it firmly again.

Check for any signs of damage to the cable.

Let me know what you find...

I have tried this and it has not made any difference I'm afraid. Any more ideas please?

If that did not work then the satellite tuner within the TV is suspect.

Ok what do I need to do to check this out please?

A replacement satellite tuner will need to be fitted - this type of repair is normally carried out at a specialist TV repair shop.