UK Electronics

UK Electronics Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

UK Electronics

My Panasonic Blue Ray video recorder is playing up. If I

Customer Question
My Panasonic Blue Ray video...
My Panasonic Blue Ray video recorder is playing up.
If I press the button on the remote to bring up recorded programs, nothing happens.
If I press the button on the remote to bring up the program guide, nothing happens.
If I press the setup button on the remote ,nothing happens.
The same problem with any other button on the remote.
As I press any of these buttons, A white light flashes on the recorder screen.
The remote will turn the unit on and off. When turning on the unit, it automatically changes the TV to the correct AV channel.
The remote can change tv channels.
Your assistance would be appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the Recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the recorder, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Richard,
I have already unplugged the DVD Recorder overnight, and plugged it in the next day, and there has been no change.
Please advise what else happens now?
Thanks,
Fred

Thanks

On the front of the player, under a flap are the channel up and down buttons.

Can you, with it powered on, hold these buttons in for 6 seconds then release.

Once done it will reset the recorder, then set it up again and tell me if it now functions correctly please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I followed your directions, pressed the Channel Up & Down buttons for six seconds.
The word SETUP showed on the DVD screen, the Blueray light on top of DVD came on. However, the setup menu did not come on, I pressed the setup button on the remote, but nothing happened.
I would need the Setup menu to come on so I can complete the setup.
The other buttons still do not work.
What has to happen now??
Thanks, Fred

Thanks Fred, it confirms the issue

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service