UK Electronics

UK Electronics Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

UK Electronics

I have a pair of stanton str8-80 turntables they are quite

Customer Question
Hi, I have a pair...
Hi, I have a pair of stanton str8-80 turntables they are quite old. I can't get any signal through the phono out on both turntables. I have searched and i can't find a switch to go from digital output to phono output. Any Ideas? I have tried an internet search and found other people with the same problem however i'v not found an answer. Other than no sound the turntables switch on no problem.
Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Electronics
1/23/2016
Electronics Technician: Steve G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Steve G., Technician

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

The Line Out/Phono Out switch is under the platter. Lift the mat up and rotate the platter and you will see it.

Let me know if you need further help.

Steve

Thanks for the reply.
The only switch under the platter is a red 230/115 switch for voltage europe/america.
Thanks
Electronics Technician: Steve G., Technician replied 1 year ago

Hi again, I'm sorry for the delay. We have had a big snow event which kept me off line for a few days.

I'm not sure then if that one has a switch.

I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other experts to chime in.

Hold on.

Electronics Technician: green-owl, Engineer replied 1 year ago
green-owl
green-owl, Engineer

Hi. I don't have the table to check but while researching this i found this post:

http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=49649

mentioning to remove the slipmat and look under the plater for the phono switch.

I don't think a switch is needed to have digital out (it should be always on). You will have a problem if your amp only have a line in and the tables are set to phono out (without a dual output level, a pre amp is needed for some). I would need the amp model number to see if it can take phono in.

green-owl
green-owl
green-owl, Engineer