UK Electronics

UK Electronics Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

UK Electronics

There seems to be an issue with my pioneer media box pdp

Customer Question
r04e. No longer any picture...
There seems to be an issue with my pioneer media box pdp r04e. No longer any picture on my screen I think the hdmi port on the box is broken. HDMI cable won't stay in place. How do I replace the media box? Does it have to be the same model?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2015
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, before we go thinking the box is the problem- I need more info.

1) What's the model number off the PDP (display panel)?

2) What exactly shows on the screen when you turn the set on (Please Wait.....etc.)?

3) Are there any blinking lights on the front of the media receiver, or the display panel?

Hi
1) PDP 434PE
2) no message to screen is blank
3) no both are green

If there's no message to screen- then this has nothing to do with the HDMI port being broken. The welcome screen supersedes all your external connections. Sounds like you have a much deeper problem.

Please try a hard reset and let me know exactly what happens.

1) Unplug both the MR (receiver) and PDP (panel) from power.

2) Carefully disconnect then reconnect the two system cables on BOTH ends, making sure they are secure.

3) Plug both the MR and PDP back in and press power.

4) Let me know EXACTLY what the lights on each do and if ANYTHING AT ALL displays on the TV screen.

Done all of that. Still nothing on the screen. Both lights still green.
Sorry maybe I should have added that my media box is connected to my SKY HD box. This has been the case for 4 years +

If nothing at all displays on the screen then this means there's a hardware failure with your screen. If the issue was elsewhere, you would at least get the Pioneer welcome screen when you turned it on. So are you saying you do not get that at all?

When I switch to another input i just get the 'snow' you used to see on TVs when no ariel connected

None of this lines up. I'm going to opt out and allow another expert to help.

green-owl
green-owl
green-owl, Engineer