UK Electronics

UK electronics repair questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I purchased a Technika tv a few weeks ago. The model number…

I purchased a Technika tv...
I purchased a Technika tv a few weeks ago. The model number is: M32/57G-GB-FTCU-UK and would like to know how I can connect a surround sound system to it please as I have mislaid the handbook. I am not sure which surround sound system I am going to get yet, any suggestions or will anyone do? Many Thanks
1/30/2011
Pete, Engineer

ElectronicsPete :

Hi there,

It is possible to connect your TV to a surround sound system in the following ways, depending on which surround system you choose:

1) Connect a COAX cable from the TV’s COAX output to your surround system's COAX input
2) Connect a 3.5mm jack to L/R phono cable from the TV’s headphone socket to your surround sound L/R input. Note that this method will disable sound to the TV’s built-in speakers.
3) Connect a SCART input/output switch with an additional L/R Phono cable to the TV’s SCART socket and to the L/R Phono Input of your surround sound.

The above options will work if you want to listen to surround sound from TV programmes.
Due to copyright laws, it is not possible to output video/sound from the TV on certain sources, i.e. HDMi, DVD etc.
If you want to have surround sound while watching a DVD, you will need to purchase a "home cinema" style DVD player with its own surround sound system.
If you want surround sound from both your TV programmes and from DVDs, you will need to purchase two systems - take this into account when deciding what system(s) to purchase.

ElectronicsPete :

As you have mislaid your handbook, I will add a link here so that you can download an online copy of your manual for future use:

http://www.skymediauk.co.uk/Downloads/User%20Guide%20-%20LCD32-270%20-%20M32-57G-GB-FTCU-UK.pdf

JACUSTOMER-03nat3t7- :

I do not have a headphone socket on this model tv, what can I do?

ElectronicsPete :

You can use option 1 or option 3, which use your Coax or SCART outputs to connect to a surround system.

ElectronicsPete :

You will need to ensure that the surround system you choose is compatible with either a Coax or SCART connection.

JACUSTOMER-03nat3t7- :

Many Thanks

Pete, Engineer