UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Buddy. My car just swing doesn't start and a car symbol with…

Customer Question
My car just swing...

My car just swing doesn't start and a car symbol with the key on it what does is mean?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

I20 Hyundai 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

The car overheats and we manage to take out the head to engineering

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
10/25/2021
UK Auto Mechanic: AutoDoc1, Auto Body Repairer replied 1 year ago
AutoDoc1
AutoDoc1, Auto Body Repairer

Who am I speaking with today?

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer!  My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out.

Thank you for taking the time to let us help you out with this problem and hopefully we can sort it out quickly.

The light you are referring to is the immobilizer light.

It keeps the vehicle from starting without the proper key.

First make sure your vehicle's battery is ok.  It should have 12.5 volts.  If you don't have a voltmeter then try to jump start it.  A low battery will cause all kinds of problems.  Next, make sure your key fob has a good battery in it.  Use the key fob remote to lock and unlock the doors.  Turn the ignition on for 30 seconds and it should start.  If it doesn't then lock and unlock the driver door with the physical key and turn the ignition on for 30 seconds.  If it still doesn't start then there is a problem with the anti theft system and will require a scan tool to find the problem.

To determine what the problem is you will need to use a scan tool to read the trouble codes (if any are stored) and also to view the data in the antitheft module to see what inputs / outputs are being recognized by the module.  This will determine whether you have a problem with the key, receiver, module, or any other part of the system.  Since there are not any common problems for this issue, I can not recommend any specific repair for this fault. If the module has any trouble codes stored let me know what they are and I will be able to pinpoint a specific problem for this issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We check the battery is OK and the key we using it's a right keyThe car swings but doesn't start just swings

OK good.  Try the other procedures I gave you.  If that doesn't work then you'll need a scan tool.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I need to put water aswell to start the engine?Coz I didn't throw in water

Yes it will need water or it will overheat.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Last but not leastI got a diagnosis machine do I need to connect to internet to diagnose the problem?

You would have to ask the manufacturer of your machine.  I don't know if it needs to connect to the internet or not.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK coz the machine find 3 fault but the codes doesn't appear

Ok sounds good.  You'll have to contact the scan tool manufacturer or bring it to a repair shop for testing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK thanks alot

You're very welcome.