UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What is the consequences of total leakage of gear oil and is…

Customer Question
What is the consequences...

What is the consequences of total leakage of gear oil and is it refillable if in such situations

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you had issues with your gears before? Have any error codes popped up?

No issues before now or error codes

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your manual car?

It an automatic car Lexus Rx(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the transmissions Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I was driving on my way the gear just stopped working I parked and tried to restart which I did and tried the gear again but the car was reacting to the gear somehow

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
10/23/2021
UK Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

It's a great day at JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.
I help many customers, so sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available.
I aim to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Basically you can have part failure on this, and yes you can refill it, I would fix the leak, refill and take around the block to see if you hear any bad noises or issues, if that drive goes ok then longer test drive to confirm good transmission.

Hello, just checking to see if you still need assistance?

Thanks for using Just Answer and letting me help you. I hope I provided what you needed. If you find more help is still needed, let me know by listing out any remaining questions you have on this concern. I hope the remainder of your day is well.