UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Nissan x-trail diesel. And I think it's going into…

Customer Question
I have a Nissan...

I have a Nissan x-trail diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

And I think it's going into safety mode

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2004 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

, I have not tried anything because I do not know how to disconnect safety mode

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

You know how I can try to turn off safety mode Because the engine shuts off at 2500 RPM no matter what Gear I use after 2500 RPM it will not give any more power

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Car
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any fix for this?
7/13/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Kevin, UK Car Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Hi I’m Kevin did you have any warning lights on the dash ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have any warning Lights I do not have any problems with the car Everything is running like it should it's just that it's don't want to go past 2500 RPM
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Everything else with the car is 100% normal

Have you had car plugged in ?when was fuel filter last replaced ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not know when the dieselfilter was last replace to do you think it can be the dieselfilter When I am putting the car in neutral I can go up to 60fps without any problem It's only When I Am putting 93 in Gear and driving and today I tried to second year it can go All The Way up to 5000 RPM When I tried third and fourth and Fifth and sixth Gear it did not work pasta 2500 RPM
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not know when the dieselfilter was replaced
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When the car is in neutral Gear I can throttle It Up To maximum RPM
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Today When I was in the first And second Gear it goes to maximum RPM
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Third fourth Fifth and sixth Gear does not pass 2500 I just start to be Jumpy Stop giving power after Two and a Half tusen RPM

I would replace the fuel filter first .they are very common to blocking up and will only cause a problem under load and very often the car wont realise there is a problem for some time and the lack of power is actually the loss of fuel pressure

please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all