UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm trying to figure out the pins at the 3 connectors of the…

Customer Question
I'm trying to figure...

I'm trying to figure out the pins at the 3 connectors of the head unit in my 2012 Optima. (I Don't know if you can help, as I own a european Optima)

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Kia?

2012 Optima Premium Navi (euro trim)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm replacing the head unit

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The VIN is KNAGN414BC5235998 if it helps. Thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: UK Car
5/30/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: DubAutowerks, Volkswagen and Audi expert replied 2 months ago
DubAutowerks
DubAutowerks, Volkswagen and Audi expert
I'm going to strongly advise against you doing this if you really want me to I can probably pull up the wiring I'm going to go to the shop I used to manage but honestly hacking up the wiring harness is a really pardon the pun hack job way to wire in a stereo you really should get the install Kit you can literally just buy a connectors that plug right into the factory harness and then into your deck in the long run you're going to have far fewer issues with sound quality and the connections and everything else if you just spend $10 on the harness and just plug it in.
Hello, thank you for your answer. Don't worry, I have thé right harness for thé aftermarket radio. But some pins are not at the correct place as the harness was made for the US Optima with UVO + amp, not the Navi...
Would you ne so kind to help me finding out what pin does what on the 3 oem connectors? I already found the spdif + and -, ans van hi ans low. If you could fond the connectors diagrams, it would ne much appreciated.
Thann you.
correction "and Can Hi and Low"
By the way, I have the complète kit with harness : can bus décoder and spdif converger, provided with the aftermarket head unit. :)
Sorry for the typos, I've been answering from my phone.
Hi, Do you have any news about the connectors diagrams? Thank you
Sorry but I can't rate, as I didn't get any answer. Any news about the pin layout on the audio connectors (A, B and C)? Thank you