UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Parking light keeps coming on. Mondeo 2008. Wouldn't know…

Customer Question
Parking light keeps coming...

Parking light keeps coming on. Mondeo 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's cabin fuse box?

No. Wouldn't know how to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I do not have any electrical knowledge.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: UK Car
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
44 7932 774319
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
5/28/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic replied 24 days ago
Nathan B
Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic
Hi there.
Welcome to just answer.
My name is ***** ***** I hope I can be of assistance to you today. As you can appreciate, I cannot see or touch your car so first off I will have to ask a few questions so that my answer is better sourced for you.
1. When you say your parking light, is it a light on the dashboard that you mean or is it the side lights on the front and rear of the car?
2. If it is the side lights, is it just one side that comes on it both sides?
If it is a light on the dash can you try and describe it? Colour, etc?
3. Also, if it is a light on the dash, does it stay on or did it flicker on and off while driving and if it flickers, is it mainly while going around corners that it does it?
I look forward to your replies
Thank you in advance
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Hi Nathan,
1. It is front and rear packing lights. The lights are within the same compartment as the head lamps (front) and break lights (rear).
2. It is just one side (passenger side) that comes on.
The lights come on after parking. When it comes on is unpredictable. It stays on until car is unlocked and then locked with key fob. After this, it comes on again.
Hi Ray.
Thanks for your replies.
I just need to ask a few more questions.
1. How long have you owned the car?
2. Has it only started this recently? And was it after a large downpour that it started this issue?
In your last answer you mentioned that it comes on after parking. Is this sheet you take the key out of the ignition that it comes on? Also you said that they stay on until the car is unlocked and then locked again. Is there a delay until they come back on or is it as soon as you lock the car again that they come on?
Sorry for having to ask so many questions. I just want to make sure I have all the information so my answer is the best or can be for you.
Thank you again
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I understand the need to ask these questions.
I Just bought the car from auction (sold as seen). Lovely car apart from this light issue.
Only had 3 days so far to observe the problem.
Exactly when the lights come on is unpredictable. It has not been on today so far but it was on about 3 times yesterday and I had to do the unlocking/locking routine each time.
The lights come on anytime from a few minutes to a few hours after parking and locking the car.
My wife thinks it may have come on as she walked by the car. I don't know what to make of that!
I am just worried about the lights staying on for a long period and draining the battery.
Many thanks for your response in anticipation.