UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 renault megane 2.0 sport 3 door, passenger…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 renault...
I have a 2005 renault megane 2.0 sport 3 door, passenger window wasnt working at all, off the master switch or passenger door switch, drivers window was fine!
I replaced the Temic module on the passenger window motor(common fault) and i've had a 'half' result! :-) Window goes down smoothly but doesn't go back up??
Now i know for a fact motor, regulator are all perfect, as when i short wires window goes up and down smoothly!??
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
5/3/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 22 days ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Walter, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Walt~Moderator
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Continue! Ive had money taken out my bank for a reply! But i haven't had one!
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I was told i would be charged 25 dollars 'after' i had a reply, the 25 dollars was taken out my account in the first day! Before i had an answer!
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
i've just 'given away' 30 dollars, brilliant! Been on the internet for about 25 and this is a first.
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 21 days ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked for any broken or corroded or damaged wiring leading from the body to the door or in the door itself this needs to be done.I have seen in several cases where the wiring will corrode or break or come apart causing this type of fault here.If this is or was already checked let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Hi,i did actually notice one corroded wire at the multiplug going into the module mounted on the window motor, however when i was jumping/shorting the wires up at the door switch the window was going up and down perfectly??
So in my mind this ruled out a motor fault, a wiring fault and the window winder mechanism.
So basically at the moment my passenger window is now going down perfectly, from master switch and the passenger door switch, but the window won't go back up from either switch? :-)
I have to rock the window switch up and down constantly, while physically pulling up the window to get it to close!
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 21 days ago

So it does go back up as long as your pulling up on the window and pushing the switch up repeatedly is this correct?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
that's correct.Its odd, if i just press the switch up, window wont move, i have to for a split second switch window to go down, then quickly back up and it goes up bit by bit while pulling window by hand.
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 21 days ago

Was the passenger side window switch replaced at all?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I'd love to tell you about when i put a new oem door master switch on the drivers door, drivers window goes down but not up, and passenger one doesn't move lol, got to love French cars!
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 21 days ago

Did this issue only occur after you replaced the drivers master switch?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Ive tried three different passenger switches. They all do this same thing.
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 21 days ago

Did this issue start after the drivers master switch was replaced?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No, it was doing it before the new master switch. I just bought a new master switch for the hell of it to see what would happen.
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 21 days ago

The only other thing I can think of here is to check the wiring running to the passenger switch.It sounds like low voltage is being passed through the switch which isn't enough voltage to allow the window motor to roll up the window with the resistance of the weight of the window itself.Rolling down isn't an issue as the weight of the window is allowing the motor to roll down properly but rolling up the motor it trying to push up a heavy window and with low amperage or voltage through the wiring, this causes the fault your seeing here.

This has to be a corroded wire leading to the passenger switch from the body of the vehicle or poor connection.The drivers switch signals pass through the same wiring for this window so this does lead me to believe this has to be a corroded wire or corroded or damaged connection somewhere in the line leading to the switch itself.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks, Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli