UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am having a problem with bleeding the clutch in my car. No…

Customer Question
Hi I am having...

Hi I am having a problem with bleeding the clutch in my car

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No the problem started 2 days ago when in the morning the gears wouldn’t get in but after worming up everything was fine never slipped that I was noticing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Renault scenic2 petrol 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I do a lot in hole cars inc my other working van I tried to bleed like everyone is instructing online before was a bit of pressure on the clutch but now everything lost can’t get any in

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: UK Car
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I going to be long waiting
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic replied 22 days ago
Nathan B
Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic

Hi there. Welcome to Ja.com

My name is***** hope i can be of assistance to you this evening As you can imagine I cannot see or touch your car so I will have to ask questions so that my a answer is better sourced for you

1. Did you notice any fluid loss at all from the reservoir?

2. You say that you have tried bleeding it like it was told on the Internet. Were you doing this alone or with a helper? And what exactly did you do?

I look forward to your reply

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I did it same way like blending breaks but no luck

Thank you for your quick reply.

Can you tell me though, if you had someone in the car helping you or were you doing it alone please?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
O had someone help me but no luck

And can you also tell me if there was any fluid loss before you tried bleeding it as well. And if there was could you set any damp patches under the vehicle?

Thank you in advance

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Haven’t seen any patches in anywhere
Sorry to be a pain. But was there fluid loss before you tried bleeding it please.
I know this sounds trivial, but I need to ask these questions for your answers so that i can give you the best answer possible to fix your problem.
Thank you
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No mate sounds like the fluid not getting to the master cilinder or clutch pump I think is too thick I need to check it back tomorrow that’s why I can’t bleed it it pumps just air
Hi again.
Thank you for your replies.
I have seen this problem before whereby under the normal way of bleeding I couldn't get the clutch to bleed up.
The easiest way to try and bleed this up is. Have a person inside the car. If you slacken the bleed screw slightly. Then get them to press the pedal to the floor and hold it. Then you tighten the screw. They then pull the pedal back up. You then slacken the screw again and repeat this process until the air is out of the system. Each time they press the pedal down you should see fluid coming from the bleed nipple near the gearbox.
If you are not getting fluid from the nipple, the reservoir itself could be airlocked where the clutch pipe enters the reservoir. One way to counteract this is, if you have a reverse bleeder you could try pumping fluid back the way from the bleed nipple to the reservoir until you see the level rise up. I have had to do this in the past also.
I hope this helps you. Please remember to rate my answer. But if you require further assistance with this please feel free to message again on this thread as rating my answer doesn't close out the question, and also I strive for complete customer satisfaction when the service I provide on here. Also if you require help in the future I will be happy to help you again.
Thank you in advance
Nathan B
Nathan B
Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic