UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My battery went flat. I have replaced the battery for a new…

Customer Question
Hi my battery went...

Hi my battery went flat. I have replaced the battery for a new one. But now the lights, indicators, electric windows and central locking has stopped working. It is a 63 reg micro acenta

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '63 Nissan?

Acenta

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying....

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
4/1/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 20 days ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Hi Shawn
Unfortunately the problem has not been resolved. if i can ex[plain the problem. My daughter has purchased a 63 registered Nissan Micra Acenta. It has a dead battery which has been replaced. She bought the vehicle having been told that it had been sitting for a while with the original flat battery and that the exterior lights, electric front windows, central locking and interior lights had stopped working. I am not mechanically trained but managed to find the fuses which appear to be fine. That is the extent of my knowledge. Do you have any ideas. Kind regard David McDougall
UK Auto Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 20 days ago

I​F THE BATTERY WAS REPLACED AND STILL NO START AND ALL FUSES ARE GOOD, IT IS POSSIBLE THE ANTI THEFT SYSTEM IS TRIGGERED ON SINCE IT SEE A LOW OR WEAK BATTERY , SO IF REPLACED ,LETS TRY A MASTER RESET IN CASE THAT IS IT .

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .

2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )

3- Wait 30 min

4- Close all doors and trunk

5- Reconnect Battery Positive First

6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door

Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock

7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

IF THAT DOES NOT WORK, THEN

You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few