UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bought a Chevy Van G20 Diesel, but my waterpump was

Customer Question
I bought a Chevy...

I bought a Chevy Van G20 Diesel, but my waterpump was broken. so i orded a new one for a 6.2

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

But My old one turns left and my new one turns right

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your G20?

1992

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G20 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, i fix my car always self. By the way i'm living in the Neterlands. I saw that the backplate was fixed by the owner before me

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My casting number is ***** L041

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
3/30/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington

are we speaking of the fan clutch? If so you probably have the wrong pump. double check the application. or are you speaking of the impeller? The answer would also be you have incorrect water pump or your old one was incorrect. doubtful

UK Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

You probably got one that applies to gasoline engine

UK Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

if for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Thank you for your reaction. The castinnumber i send you is the engine casting, witch was for the 6.2 and 6.5 diesel. So mine is the newer type 6.2 and has a multibelt. As far as i can do my resurch, my pump fits for a 6.3 and a 6.5 and he turns counter clockwise. The pump that was send to me is for the older type 6.2 and turns clockwise. I orded a new one and this time for a 6.5, so i hope thets the good one. Greets Michel for the Netherlands