UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The yellow engine management light is on and the car has…

Customer Question
The yellow engine management...

The yellow engine management light is on and the car has gone into reduced power mode

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

I think it is consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

Ml 280 cdi 2006.only 40k on the clock

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is in my local garage.It all started when we decided to change the orange seal at the turbo because of an oil leak

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am thinking of taking it to the Mercedes garage in Inverness.I live on the Isle of Skye

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: UK Car
3/27/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Greg, Shop Owner replied 5 months ago
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

When the check engine light comes ON this means the management system has found a malfunction with in the engine system.

Your mechanic needs to check for malfunction codes so you know what has malfunctioned.

Could be any thing from 100's of sensors on the engine ,or even a turbo malfunction code which was worked on.

this will put you into limp mode which is power loss.

If the tech / mechanic does not have the scan tool then you will have to see the dealer .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg