UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 ford transit panel van the spring has come the…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 ford transit panel van the spring has come the door handl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have got the old door handl of and the big roud spring has come off

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
3/26/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Frankie Pintado,
 replied 4 months ago
Frankie Pintado

My name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and Advanced Level Specialist. I believe I can assist you.

I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. You are referring to the spring that makes the handle return to its resting position?

There is a plastic plug behind the handle ( i guess you found it). If you pop it out there is a screw to remove the whole handle. Unfortunately, the only solution that I'm aware of is to replace the whole handle. The handles are inexpensive. A quick search shows aftermarket handles at about $15.