UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a UK, 2011 ML350 and I am trying to get the tow bar…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a UK, 2011 ML350 and I am trying to get the tow bar electrics to work. I have located that fuses 70 and 72 are needed for the 13 pin elecr

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Mercedes-Benz ML350. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Sorry, meant to say, 13 pin electrics but there seems to be no fuses or the female connection I recognise to take the standard 15 amp fuse.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Car
3/26/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 month ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

In allot of cases the SAM control unit had to be swapped out from the regular sam to a sam that allows the tow configuration.Then once this is done a Mercedes star diagnostic machine needs to be plugged into your vehicles data port to reconfigure the computers and electronics to allow this to work.The sam usually comes with the needed fuses and relays built into it.If this is not what you're asking here or looking for let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli