UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car Ford Smax 2018 TDCI and the steering too hard. The…

Customer Question
Hi I’m Steve.. My...

Hi I’m Steve.. My car Ford Smax 2018 TDCI and the steering too hard

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

The fluid very low I have to top up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '18 Ford?

Smax 2018 2.0 Deisel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not yet.. just checking as when I collect the car after fixing the clutch I noticed that steering too hard to used

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

In the dash board it’s shown engine lamps indicator

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: UK Car
3/26/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 29 days ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Since the engine warning light is on what has to be done here first is to have a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicles data port that can read all computers in your vehicle to see what fault codes are set.Once this is done there will be at least one code set that will help to then diagnose and locate this issue here.

If the steering fluid was low this can indicate a steering component leaking or the fluid was never filled and the air trapped in the steering system never bled to correct this issue.I would speak with a dealer if you can as your vehicle should be under warranty to have this looked into and repaired at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli