UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have fitted a refurbished PCM with the codes from my

Customer Question
Hi, I have fitted...

Hi, I have fitted a refurbished PCM with the codes from my original one programmed onto it.but the car still will not start. Do I need to do anything else i.e reset the immobiliser or re-program the keys before it will start? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Sorry, I forgot to mention the battery was also taken off the car for a while for recharging. now it is back on and i believe the charge and connections to be good. Thanks, Ian

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Ford Fiesta ZETEC S 1.6 Diesel 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fiesta?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?

My son left his radio on while working near to his car, he tried to start it but it appeared that the battery was flat. He tried to jump start it and it died completely. We took it to a ford dealer who reset the immobiliser, cut a second blue chip key for it and reprogrammed them to the car. they then said that they could find no switched earth from PCM to starter and 5V reference line to sensors only gives 1V to the sensors. they suspected a major PCM fault. They wanted more than the car was worth to fit a new one. so I've got a refurbished trial one on sale or return, fitted it but the car still seems the same. When you try to start it there is a faint click from the relay and fuse box but nothing happens at the starter or solenoid. Ford did also mention It could have also affected the cluster and ABS module but they were unable to test these

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that's everything I know to date

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Car
3/25/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago
eric remington

w​hy did you fit vehicle pcm to begin with?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The vehicle would not start, I put it into the Ford dealership and they could not get it to start either, the mechanic said the most likely cause was the pcm but they wanted more than the car was worth to fit a new one. So I got a refurbished trial one on sale or return but when fitted it still seems the same
UK Auto Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

I MAY NOT BE RIGHT ONE FOR THIS VEHICLE

UK Auto Mechanic: Gallagher99, Ford senior technician replied 1 month ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician

Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight

Do you still require technical assistance with this concern

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Marty
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert