UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It won't shift gears it hits 2000 rpms then it will shift.

Customer Question
It won't shift gears...

It won't shift gears it hits 2000 rpms then it will shift

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

It is a 2011 with 97000 miles I just had the transmission flushed and fluid changed to try to fix the problem but it's still doing it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Toyota?

It is a tundra Crew Max trd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have it at a mechanic he said that he thought the brake inside the transmission is bad

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's is

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Car
3/22/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Is or has the check engine light or any other warning lights come on with this issue here at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

No none of the lights have come on at all
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 5 months ago

I apologize for the delay as I have been offline the last couple of days.

If you have not had the throttle position sensor checked to see if it is sending a false signal this should be done.If it is sending a signal that you're applying more throttle then you actually are this will cause this fault here and would need to be replaced.This was a common component to fail and causes this issue here.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete