UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a chevrolet lacetti, 2007 model, and im trying to…

Customer Question
I have a chevrolet...

I have a chevrolet lacetti, 2007 model, and im trying to figure out if i need to change out the clutch master cylinder or the slave cylinder inside the engine/gearbox. the reason is that the clutch pedal goes all the way to the bottom and feels very lose, and i get power from the first inches of releasing it. and if i pump the pedal rapidly it works for a litle while.. and i do not see any leaks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Yes, shifting gear is very hard

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lacetti yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am, havent tried to much, just checked for leaks and changed the fluid as it was old, and bled the system

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
3/21/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, with no apparent leaks, in order to determine whether it is the clutch master or clutch slave cylinder you will need a helper. Remove the line from the clutch master cylinder that goes to the slave cylinder and plug the end of the clutch master cylinder with your finger and have your helper push the clutch pedal. If there is resistance, then clutch master cylinder is good and slave cylinder is bad. IF no resistance, replace the clutch master cylinder

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.