UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Does ford focus mk2.5 2010 titanium model has temperature…

Customer Question
Does ford focus mk2.5...

Does ford focus mk2.5 2010 titanium model has temperature sensor in the ac system??thanks in advance

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

I could only find low pressure sensor and high pressure sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Both seams working and ac cooling but the compressor does not cut off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The pressure sensor showing 1.8v on the signal

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Car
Compressor and evaporator replaced to new also new orifices tube.evacuated the system and charged. While ac on at atmosphere temperature 26degree c the low pressure gauge showing 25 to 30 psi and high pressure gauge showing 125 psi pressure
3/21/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago
Dennis Gooch

Hi! My name is Dennis. I can help you! So, just that I correctly understand the problem, the compressor stays engaged at all times? even when the switch is turned off? Or it just doesn't cycle correctly when it is activated by switch?

UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

Also, will you provide me with complete year, make and model info? or better yet a vin #?

Hi Dennis, just doesn't cycle correctly
UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

OK.... just need the specific vehicle info or vin# ***** that I can look up some reference material

UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

Thank you for that info! Give me a bit of time to research.

UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

I am attaching a diagram for the A/C electrical. I would locate the A/C clutch relay in the underhood fuse box that is referenced in the diagram and swap it out for a known good relay and see if that works. Your relay could be stuck closed. If not this, I would re-evacuate a/c system and recharge making absolutely sure that there is the correct amount of refrigerant added to system. If the charge is insufficent, you can have an issue such as this. Also make sure the electric fan that pushes air through the AC condenser core (by radiator) is coming on with AC activation. I hope one of these items will get you working properly. Best of luck my friend! I thank you in advance for giving me a positive rating on this answer, that is how I get credit for my efforts and it will not stop me from continuing to correspond with you on this subject. Let me know how else I can help or what other info you need! Dennis

Hi Dennis, thanks. During the morning I have checked the relay and fuse in engine compartment and found functioning ok.relay is triggering fine also the fan kiks high after long drives as usual.what is the exact quantity of the gas need to be filled also do I need to re fill the oil if I evacuate the system again.i have done this process 3 times already. What should be the pressure on the low side and high side when I fill the gas .thanks
Which component decides to cut of the compressor when it's cold enough..is it pressure transducer on hi pressure side?what should be the value at the signal end of the sensor then..that was showing 1.89v when the blower fan set to low and goes to 2.3v when in high.
UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

capacity is .5 KG or 18oz. I would not worry about adding more oil as long as you dont drain compressor or remove any components.

UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

The input from the pressure transducer on high side is used by engine computer to decide when to cycle compressor, how much cooling fan speed is needed. Computer tries to keep AC pressure at most efficient by controlling compressor clutch cycling and fan speed. I will attach you a voltage chart for A/C transducer.

UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

I'm still looking for voltage chart but thought this may help too. Have you scanned for any codes in system? Are you getting cold air from vents at all?

UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

This has some good test info for the pressure transducer

sir.getting cold air but not well enough to cool the cabin
UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

Rather than re-evacuating and start over, you could try just adding a small amount of refrigerant thru the low side with system running and see if condition improves

Even if it's running continues i don't find any ice formation after the orifice. I don't know if it's supposed to do that
UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

That is usually a sign that the charge is low or the compressor is not functioning correctly. If the charge is right and the compressor output is right it should definitely start to ice the liquid line up if the compressor isnt cycling

But previously I gradually increased the quantity of the gas taking enough time then when after restarting the compressor it starts to vibrate and high pressure gauge goes crazy and reach above 300 psi.also cooling was bit less than low charge situation.
UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

are you using a accurate scale when you charge the system? from what you are saying about when you added more refrigerant and it got worse makes me wonder if you got a defective compressor or somehow there is too much oil in system

Compressor is new..I think the culprit is the excess oil been put by the workshop guy..I am going to dismantle everything, flush and re assemble everything tomorrow and properly scale the gas and see..I will get back to you..thanks.also the second PDF u send me does not have the details and reference voltages of pressure transducer. Kindly have a look
UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

OK...sounds like a good starting point. Also, I will keep looking for that voltage reference chart.

UK Auto Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 3 months ago

i did not find voltage chart yet, I do know that if the signal return voltage from sensor goes over 3.0 volts (400psi) that it will shut system down. Make sure that the yellow/green VREF wire has a full 5v coming from the PCM as well. I attached wiring diagram for reference.