UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The emissions light is on. Just the emissions light came on…

Customer Question
The emissions light is...

The emissions light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Just the emissions light came on while driving home I only bought it last Thursday second hand from a car dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Peugeot estate 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't done anything yet my husband died last year and he a l ways sorted the cars out, and I'm on a pension so worried what it might cost

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Is there something I can do to maybe find what it is or some think and will it affect the engine and running of the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Greg, Shop Owner replied 6 months ago
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi .

Sorry to hear about your loss,

But as long as the light is not flashing you can still drive with out any problems ,if flashing you need to get to the work shop as soon as possible so you don't damage the catalytic converter .

What this light means

When any Warning light Comes "ON" when the engine is running then this means your
Engine ,transmission and other management system has found a malfunction with in its system.

Now what you have to do is have your Vehicle hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool .

This scan tool will be able to check and find any malfunction within all the operating systems.

If your engine is still running good and no misfire the check engine light will be on solid You can drive until you have time to get to a service shop .
If engine is having a problem and is misfiring the check engine light will flash, flashing engine light means you must get assistance as soon as possible as catalytic converter damage may be caused .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg