UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

With the recent cold weather I find I have a flat battery.

Customer Question
With the recent cold...

With the recent cold weather I find I have a flat battery. When I raise the bonnet I see the plastic cover over the battery and I see the clips. BUT! these clips do not look like those in the manual. There does not appear to be a push down or a unscrew bit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I will call the AA to get me started but would like to obtain the correct 6 clips so I can get to the battery myself in maintainence or emergency situations.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

I cannot het to the battery as I cannot get the clips off.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Lexus?

My Lexus is a 2009 Lexus RX400H reg, FN09UDH

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your IS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I cannot do anything as I cannot get the clips off. What I really want to know is where to get the proper clips to replace these strange ones.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How long is the usual life of a battery. Is 9 or 10 years pushing things a bit.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Can you send a picture of these clips that are on there now?