UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fiat Ducato based Knaus 520 engine changed in the past now…

Customer Question
Fiat Ducato based Knaus...

Fiat Ducato based Knaus 520 engine changed in the past now has Iveco 8140.67*2200-242558 can you tell me the correct gearbox for this engine? Vehicle has column change but I could substitute a floor change.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

There is about 150000 miles I think and gearbox is manual

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '67 Fiat?

I did tell you its a Knaus 520 motorhome on a Fiat Ducato cab and chassis but not the original engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have a garage doing the work the problem is in the past the engine was changed but they used the existing gearbox which was adapted to fit resulting in the clutch failing thats why I am asking you what gearbox and bell housing is correct with numbers so I can either buy a rebuilt or a second hand one.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Car
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
To reiterate the present engine is a IVECO 2.5TD number 8140.67*2200-242558.
The original engine was a IVECO 2.5D number 8144.67*1753117 the only numbers I can find on the gearbox are 20je62 and(###) ###-####and as stated before this box has been adapted the fit the new engine which caused an internal malfunction.
So now I need to find the details and number "part number" etc.
Hopefully you can help, I have so far heard nothing from you perhaps you could let me know how you are getting on.
Cheers, ***** *****
Answered in 3 days by:
3/22/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 28 days ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Unfortunately my info is not showing what will match up and fit and work properly on your model with this engine installed.You may have to speak to a dealer or a vehicle repair/modify facility in your area to see if they can tell you for sure what will work in your model here.If this is not an option or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hi Pete,
Thanks for your reply regarding my Ducato problem however I have now discovered an error on my part the current engine as previously noted 8140.67*2200-242558 was NOT a 2.5TD in fact this engine did not have a turbo and was simply a 2.5D someone in the past has added the turbo. This maybe why you were unable to trace a listing, so to clarify I need details ie. model and part numbers of all or any gearboxes that will match that engine.
Cheers, ***** *****
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hi Pete,
It is now Sunday and I have had no answer to my last email of the 24th, I am English now retired in Spain and have no luck with this problem locally surely it should be a simple question to answer "what gearbox will match with my engine?"
Hopefully you will get back to me today with the information I need if not please arrange for monies paid to be returned, thank you. Peter Riddall
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 25 days ago

I apologize for the delay as I was offline the last couple of days.

Unfortunately, this is all of the info I have on this myself here.Others here may be able to help further on this with the information you need.I will opt out and open your question up to everyone else here to see if they can help with this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli