UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2d07 and 2cf8 keeps popping up tried changing theottle body…

2d07 and 2cf8 keeps...

2d07 and 2cf8 keeps popping up tried changing theottle body and accelerator pedal no lick

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Are you a bot?

Mechanic's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the mechanic more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. What is the model/year of your BMW?

2005 e87 jt43801

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed throttle body and accelrator pedal

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

None

3/19/2018
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi .

This is a known problem and a very common issue , sadly this gets the DIY to buy new parts when the failure is in the wiring harness.

Your codes are related to the electronic throttle valve potentiometers 1 & 2; the faults are currently not present. The integrity of the crimps in the wiring harness for the throttle valve are unsatisfactory. Usually the fault 5F77 is stored in the DSC control unit with these DME faults.

For these faults the engine wiring harness with require replacement. The complete engine wiring harness includes wiring to the transmission electrical connector. The replacement of the engine harness is reasonably straightforward. Begin by removing the engine covers, micro filter housing trays, throttle boot and air box. On some vehicles it may be necessary to lower the transmission to remove the transmission electrical connecter from between the transmission and body. Before trying to remove the electrical connector from the starter, be sure to have the battery disconnected. Loosening the two mounting bolts of the starter and removing the heat shield will aid in the removal/installation of the harness from between the engine and starter.

• Helpful Hint – Before removing the harness, take pictures of the engine harness as it is installed on the vehicle. So when it comes time to install the new harness on the engine, the pictures will be a reference to go back to for correct harness routing and installation. (Bavaria Technic)

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

I already saw this amswer posted on google and its not much help. What would help is the part number of the wiring harness i need to change as there different harness in realoem.com my vin number is *****
Maybe but it the correct answer which could of saved you a fortune
In parts .
Get me your complete Vin #
Yeah but i started replacing theottle body and accelerator pedal so I already spent a fortune on parts. Last option would be to replace the specified wiring harness. Complete vin wbauf51000jt43801
Ok no problem , I can have you the part number by the morning ,when I get back into my shop .
Ok, will be waiting. Since there are 3 engine wiring harness to choose from I cant seem to choose which one needs to be replaced for this problem. Thanks
Part number 12 51 7 549 260
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Can you suggest any site where I can buy this brand new? All i can see are 2nd hnd
Where are you in the UK

Not in the UK at the moment but please try this link >>>click here<<<

Greg