UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a wobble in my steering wheel when I brake.The car…

Customer Question
Hi,I have a wobble...

Hi,I have a wobble in my steering wheel when I brake.The car also shakes when accelerating,getting more worse the faster it's going over 40mph.

Mechanic's Assistant: How often does the vibration occur, and when did you last have the tires balanced?

Vibration starts as soon as ye take car upto and past 40mph.6wks ago got 4 new tyres,balancing and alignment.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2007 Focus ST3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mechanic fixing it.Tried Driveshaft and bearings.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No Thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
3/19/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Was this issue before or after new tires and alignment done?

After

thank YOU FOR THAT INFO, EVEN THOUGH YOU HAD NEW TIRES AND BALANCED THERE CAN STILL BE AN ISSUE SUCH AS BENT RIM, NOT TORQUED PROPERLY, BAD TIRE ETC. what i WOULD DO FIRST TO ELIMINATE ANY TIRE OR WHEEL ISSUES IS TO ROTATE THEM FRONT TO BACK. iF THE PROBLEM IS LESS THEN THAT IS WHAT IT IS. iF NOT THEN CHECK THE BRAKES FOR DRAGGING OR HOLDING ON, WARPED ROTORS. also HAVE THE FRONT SUSPENSION CHECKED FOR WORN AND LOOSE PARTS.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago

Just checking to follow up if you needed more assistance / If not please take the time to rate my service so we may close this thread, thank you.