UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Clan not start my van because the immobiliser will not

Customer Question
Clan not start my...

Clan not start my van because the immobiliser will not disarm because remote central locking will not work is there a way of disarming the immobiliser using the door lock

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Ford transit registered 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 5 days by:
3/22/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 3 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you haven't yet tried to lock and unlock the door with the key I would try this to see if this then disarms it to allow operation.In some cases, this will work.If this was already tried and did not work at all let me know here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete