UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a kia Sorrento 2.5 cdr which had the cylinder head…

Customer Question
Hi there I have...

Hi there I have a kia Sorrento 2.5 cdr which had the cylinder head refurbished due to blown gasket. after repairs it has no power and smokes badly. I double checked all the timing marks and chain setups and cant find the problem. computer print out says no trouble code. have you any ideas as the car drove well before head was done

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent I am afraid

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sorento?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself. Am a mechanic by trade but this has me stunned. checked injectors found one faulty only made car run smoother but no difference in power. rechecked valve timing and chain markings again and that is all fine. checked if there is boost from turbo seems fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all that I can think of thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 5 days by:
3/22/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 3 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the head was warped when it was installed or did not seal properly with the new head gasket this can allow engine oil or coolant into the cylinders which will cause smoke and lack of power as well.Double check all of your work to make sure nothing was left unplugged or damaged causing this issue.If you know this is o.k. and all injectors are o.k. and everything is lined up and installed properly it can be the head gasket leaking internally causing this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete