UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My check engine light comes on. Checked the codes and got…

Hi, my check engine...

Hi, my check engine light comes on. Checked the codes and got those 4: 34,22,53and62. When I start her all is good, when she is warmed up while driving the check engine light comes on and the she stalls. Sometimes I can start again and sometimes I have to wait for 10 to 20 min. Also when I get her in gear then she stops running. So just trying to figure out what to do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

Just had a friend giving me a tool to get the codes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Dodge?

B250 5.21992

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to. Not a lot. Just tried to get the cable of the ecm. But the bolt holding it goes loose and the tighter again so left it alone lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it she is running fine . Thank you

3/16/2018
ironmike
ironmike, ASE Master Tech T2

greetings,

You may have a moisture issue with the PCM connector and inside the PCM. You can try to spray some penetration oil like PB buster, wd40 and disconnect the PCM connector. The codes 53 and 62 point to a PCM issue. Try to work the bolt back and forth without going too far and getting it stuck. If it does jam and or snap you can drill and tap the PCM and replace the bolt. You might be able to get a mechanic to help too. I know I would if someone asks me. let me know what you find. good luck

You might even get some help with people that repair PCM's. I have used a few off e-bay for internal module repairs where moisture issues cause faults. They repair the module or PCM for DIY people rather than replace, much cheaper.

I had my ABS module repaired for 50$ instead of replacing for 700 ford

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the answer. I will get it to a mechanic and then get the ecm out and send it for repair. Have a nice weekend talk to you soon. Joerg

you are welcome, good luck

ironmike
ironmike, ASE Master Tech T2
ironmike
ironmike
ironmike, ASE Master Tech T2