UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can you provide me the correct pinout for the ECU for this…

Customer Question
can you provide me the...
can you provide me the correct pinout for the ECU for this mustang VIN 1ZVFT82H165168922
the car had severe damage has been "repaired" somewhere else and wont run anymore, I assume that they either installed a wrong wiring harness or wrong ECU, so if you can also pull the correctECU code that would be helpfull as well
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
3/16/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast

All I have are American car diagrams, would that help?

they all are US spec cars, only starting from 2015 EU spec models were made

Here is the PCM wire pin chart.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6llfa5cyspzd1xr/06B.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/une2nq98khx3iyl/06E.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqxueybdztak8iv/06T.pdf?dl=0

Here is a list of the PCMs that can work. https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2006-ford-mustang/engine-modules-and-sensors.html?PNC=12A650

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Thanks,well, checked the wiring and ECU code, that seems to be fine, had some very proos connections so swapped out the fuse box, now the connections to the relays and gronds are solid again.
howeere the errors still are present.No connection with the ECU ( with IDS), it can't make a connections
the dash says low fuel level, DTE.... low charging
car won't startwhat can we check to make sure I can make connection with the ECU?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris,can you repost that test, as I can't open it anymore in dropbox
UK Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Car Enthusiast replied 3 months ago

The links expired when the post expired because it was not rated within 7 days. Rate the post 5 star, reply and then I can get them active again.