UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a problem my central locking is not working off the…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a problem my central locking is not working off the key fobs it doesn't lock the doors but sets the alarm,

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Sorry if I use the key to lou

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

Its an 05 plate and if I use the key it will only lock the drivers door.and not the passenger door

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have striped both sides doors, checked the batter,and fitted a new lock on the passenger side

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: UK Car
3/14/2018
UK Auto Mechanic: Daniel, Manager replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Manager

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that all experts are paid based off of ratings alone and I prefer five stars so please let me know what I can do to achieve that from you today.

Based on the information that you've given and what I have read so far, I am recommending that we continue this conversation via phone call assistance so that I can help you more efficiently. Please accept the phone call proposal so that we can continue or we can continue through this message board but it may take longer depending on the difficulty level of your problem.
Once you have accepted the proposal and I will post my phone number and at that point you will text me at least 30 minutes prior to when you are ready to talk. At that point I will call you or set up a time to do so as soon as possible.

Are you there? How would you like to continue?