UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Peugeot Expert van 2006 1900/2000 engine. When

I have a Peugeot...

I have a Peugeot Expert van 2006 1900/2000 engine. When changing gear or starting off the engine is not always giving full power in relation to the acceleration I am expecting. It picks up after a short while and feels right but this happens randomly.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

I presume the transmission is as old as the vehicle and I don't know what the brake switch is.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Peugeot?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No - garage has replaced the heat sensor in the engine management but this did not solve the problem. I was trying to get some sort of handle on the problem that would point them in the right direction. My husband is physically very disabled and this vehicle is converted from new to enable it to hold him in his wheelchair. I am the driver and hence if it goes wrong I have to solve the problems one way or the other myself. I have an honest garage but was trying to cut the amount of time they have to spend (and I have to pay for) figuring out the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so

3/12/2018
Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic

Hi im kevin il do my best to assist you today .has there ever been any warning lights or fault codes in the vehicle ?

No - no warning lights at all.

Have you had car plugged into a diagnostic tool to see if any fault codes are present?

I presume that the garage did as they detected that the thermometer in the engine management system was reading higher than the one on the dashboard and that this discrepancy would upset how much fuel was being injected into the engine - so they replaced the thermometer(thermostat?) in the engine management system and that resulted in the one on the dashboard equalling the other one. This, they thought, solved the problem, but it hasn't.

Can i have reg number to pull up details

GV56NLD

Hi im kevin being a diesel the temperature sensor has no effect at all on the fuel into the engine .this is likely fuel pressure related .the first thing i would recommend would be to replace the fuel filter if not already done so and test diesel leak back on the injectors

Thank you - I will put your suggestions to my garage man and get him to change the filter and test as you say - thanks again!

No problem please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic